Letrah International Corporation is pleased to present options for supplying clean potable water fit for human consumption.
These systems are self contained and will supply clean water from any available non-salt water source
: Diatomaceous Filtration System
- Simple to use
- Low Maintenance
- Variety of water sources (not salt)
- 75 to 200 GPH
- Skid mounted
- Basic Filtration in the 0.5 micron to 1.0 micron range capability for filter capture of Pathogen
- micro-organisms including:
- The total filtration system will include
Vacuum Diatomaceous Earth Filter Model VR-12.
- Required to reduce the turbidity of muddy water and grey water. Removal of larger particles in
- water extends the time between service and enables the system to meet the performance
- requirements based on the initial request
- (75 GPH to 200GPH of potable water)
- Pre-Filter will utilize a Maxi-Filter Housing composed of stainless steel designed for very high
- sediment loading and long service life cycle.
- Economical – Filter replacements are available from global sources.
- Simplicity – Filter service is based on replaceable cartridge filters.
- Model VR-12 is capable of producing 4800 gallons of “safe water” per day and is responsible for the removal of pathogen micro-organisms.
- The VR-12 is composed of Carbon steel with an applied glass lining.
- Economical – One pound of DE filter powder will enable High Crystal Clear Drinking Water, for many thousand gallons of water at a very low cost and less than 0.1 % disposal water loss.
- Simplicity – The VR-12 requires no special skills to operate. Training is simple and supported by manuals provided by the system.
- Required to capture toxic elements that are water-soluble.
- Toxic elements would include water soluble Pesticides and Fertilizers; capacity for 2 to 3 months or more non-interrupted filter service.
- The Post-Filter will utilize a stainless steel Maxi-Filter Housing for extra large compacted – Carbon
- Block Elements
- Economical – Filters are designed for extended service and replacements are available from
- global sources.
- Simplicity – Filter service is based on replaceable cartridge filters.
- The VR-12 will include an initial supply of filter housing filter elements and one re-charge of elements will be included with the original purchase of our pre and post filter housings.
All VR-12 Systems include:
Price Call for a quote in USD
- Pressure gauges and flow meter
- Necessary to identify when filter change is required.
- Professional grade Turbidity Monitor is included to measure very low NTU results to be verified
- when the results are less than 1.0 NTU achievement in keeping with U.S. EPA standards for drinking water
- One spare set of DE filter elements is included.
Optional components recommended when high turbidity and varying water conditions are encountered:
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- 80% payment at time of order, 10% due three weeks after order and remainder including change orders due prior to shipping. To be made by Bank Transfer. All change orders are required to be in writing and may delay delivery time.
- Packing, crating, transportation, shipping and any other transportation charges are additional costs.
- Taxes, duties, customs, tariffs and any other charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Letrah reserves the right to refuse sale to any entity or individual restricted by any agency of the U.S. Government or any regulatory agency with authority over the sale.
- Lead-time will be quoted within 2 days of placing the order.
- System will be ready to ship in 4 to 7 weeks after receiving first payment.
- Instructions for payment will be given at time of order.
- It is the client’s responsibility to obtain all local permits, authorizations, any other documents and fees.
- Letrah makes no verbal, written or implied warranties as to the quality of the water delivered by the system when there is no control over the source water. This is the responsibility of others.
- Intake Sediment Hydrocyclone for solid particulates reduction load on the pre-filter. This device will remove the majority of large particulates in the raw water prior to filtering with the pre filter assembly.
- The device uses no replacement cartridges.
- Spare DE Filter Elements and filter covers.
- It is recommended to source a local generator for power. This will assure familiarity, proper current, and local service. Letrah can supply a generator.
- Spare pump, Draft pump, hose and Intake float/skimmer quoted upon request.
- Options to be considered.
It is recommended to source a local generator for power. This will assure familiarity, proper current, and local service. Letrah can supply a generator.
- A suction intake pump & hose will be needed for the incoming water to get into the trailer. This should be a lake type pump with a special screen on the end. Or a pump that is tied to the generator.
Water safety must comply with quality requirements based on the use of the water. For example: Water containing high amounts of nitrogen or ammonia may be a problem for drinking (potable) water, but works well for agricultural use.
Water that appears to be clean and safe may actually contain microbial pathogens, including Cryptosporidium, Garidia and E-Coli. Failure to remove these pathogens can result in serious health problems or death.
Letrah provides systems that are designed and manufactured to service five primary markets:
- Municipal drinking water plants,
- Commercial and industrial applications,
- Commercial and municipal swimming pools,
- Zoo and aquariums
- Portable systems for remote locations (refugee camps, villages, military outposts, scientific outposts)
Letrah provides its customers with a core product offering that includes pressure and vacuum diatomaceous earth pre-coat filtration systems, sand and other multi-media filtration systems, chemical metering and slurry feed pumps and other ancillary equipment used in filtration. These product offerings uniquely position Letrah as a cost-effective provider of high quality filtration equipment to its customers.
Microbial pathogens are responsible for disease outbreaks, whose symptoms can include diarrhea, cramps, nausea, jaundice, headaches, fatigue, organ failure and death. Physical removal is critical to the control of microbiological pathogens. Most microbiological, and in particular Cryptosoridium, are highly resistant to standard disinfection practices.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
DE is an effective filter medium because of its lightness, porosity, absence of most trace elements, and its uniquely honeycombed structure which inherently provides uniformity and added stability. It is a soft powdery mineral resembling chalk and represents the accumulation of skeletal remains of single-celled, microscopic plants called diatoms. Diatoms have the unique capability of extracting silica from water to produce a skeletal structure, known as a frustule. Whereas most other plants use solar energy to synthesize cellulose for their living cell walls, the diatom extracts amorpheous silica from the water, building itself a strong, highly symmetrical honeycomb shell. Diatomite deposits form when diatoms die. When a diatom dies, the diatom is picked clean by bacteria and is reduced to a silica shell that settles to form the deposit. These deposits can be mined and processed by drying, milling and sintering. Once processed, these deposits are predominantly silica and virtually inert.
The DE pre-coat filter cycle consists of three stages: Pre-coat, filtration, and backwash. In the first stage DE is introduced into a pre-coat tank and maintained in suspension, which is referred to as a slurry. The slurry is circulated through the filter, and a fine layer of DE, approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, is deposited on a woven cloth-covered support structure, known as an element, leaf or septum. This pre-coat layer of DE serves as the initial layer of media for filtration. DE filters can provide flow rates up to 5,700 liters per minute. Multiple filters can be arranges either in series or in parallel to provide even grater flow rates.
Benefits of DE
DE provides protection from the biological pathogens. For DE to provide this protection, the filter allows water molecules to pass but entrap the pathogens. When the filter requires backwash (indicated by a drop in water flow) DE sacrifices minimal water- an important benefit for areas where water conservation is critical. Backwash normally requires thirty minutes to an hour including the application of the new filter coat and can be performed with minimal instruction. DE systems perform like a brand new system each time a new filter cake is applied. DE does not require any chemicals to backwash and clean. Simplicity, Quality, Value
The United States EPA has performed certified testing on these systems.